Today. February 4, 2009. My journey. My thoughts.
How many times have I wanted to take a trip. Take a journey to somewhere I've never been. Perhaps to the Land Down Under to see people and places that few have ever ventured to see. Or maybe to the best art museums in Europe. The Louvre in Paris. Just to sit for hours gazing at the masterpieces. Or just to the Grand Canyon - that's not far. But it seems that the places I've been are few. I have seen Pikes Peak. I have seen the the nation's Capitol. But my list is short. Yet, I have been on, and am in, a spectacular journey. One that takes me not to places, but to events in life. My graduation. My wedding. The birth of four children. Amazing, I might add. Each special and unique. But then -a child grows up. And leaves. One by one. It seems that I'm going in a circle. Life has brought me back to places I've been before. Does that have to be a bad thing? Does returning to the past lessen my enjoyment of the present or darken the prospects of the future? Do I have to be saddened to not always experience something new? My journey has been filled with a wide range of emotions, a wide range of events - each one marked with a snapshot in my soul. The journey began and continues. It's up to me to enjoy the trip--there and back again.
Small Town
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment